- Admissions procedures for Jones Technical Institute include a personal interview with an Admissions Representative.
- Meeting with a Financial Aid Officer to determine financial responsibilities.
- Completion and submission of all required forms including the enrollment agreement, payment of the application fee, and a meeting with the Campus Director.
- The Institute will determine an applicant’s eligibility on the basis of educational background, personal interview, and commitment to becoming a working graduate.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Evidence of one of the following: High School Diploma, GED equivalent, a home-study certificate or transcript from a home-study program that is equivalent to high school level and is recognized by the student’s home state or a recognized on-line accredited high school diploma.
- Students who possess a high school diploma from a foreign non-English speaking country and wish to enroll must have the diploma translated by an approved agency and be equivalent to a U.S. High School Diploma.
- Applicants to the Commercial Truck Driving Program must:
A. Meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years old.
B. Have a valid driver’s license.
C. Acceptable driving record.
D. Pass a physical.
E. Complete vision exam prior to the start of classes.
F. Complete drug screening prior to the start of classes.
G. Complete a background check prior to the start of classes.
***Applicants to the Commercial Truck Driving Program who are under 21 years of age may be admitted, but must acknowledge that upon graduation they will only be eligible for a Class A-CDL with an Intra-State restriction.
STUDENT BACKGROUND CHECK
Jones Technical Institute will not accept students with the following criminal records:
- A conviction of a violent crime with a weapon, including pleading guilty or no contest.
- A conviction of a sexual assault or sexually related crime, including pleading guilty or no contest.
- A felony conviction involving any type of theft including breaking & entering, fraud, embezzlement, extortion, burglary, robbery, etc. whether pleading guilty or no contest unless the crime is more than one year old.
- A conviction of two or more felonies, including pleading guilty or no contest, unless the convictions are more than five years old.
- A conviction of murder, attempted murder, or voluntary manslaughter, including pleading guilty or no contest.
Commercial Truck Driving Disqualifications for CDL Application
- Applicant is under suspension.
- Cancellation of license in Florida or another state.
- Applicant has a disqualification in Florida or another state for reasons including alcohol citations and serious traffic violations including, but not limited to: leaving the scene of an accident, refusal to take an alcohol test, and railroad crossing violations.
J-Tech complies with all applicable federal and state rules and regulations. J-Tech admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, program, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or veteran’s status in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.